Year long Plans and Common Standards
The Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) has created the Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks. All school districts are responsible for teaching these standards over the course of the school year. The 5DP is connecting local educators to create common curriculum maps known as Yearlong Plans (YLPs) across all grades and subjects that align to these state curriculum frameworks.
- The 5DP currently shares YLPs in grades K-8 math, ELA and Science. We are working on digital literacy and History and Social Sciences. These can be accessed at Provide link
- Current Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks, by subject
The 5DP seeks to engage teachers in a variety of teacher leadership and professional development opportunities. These include:
- The Teacher Advisory Board
- The Educator Showcase – The 5DP holds an annual celebration on teachers that in include inspiring Ted like talks and poster presentations by teachers across the five districts.
- Educator Exchange- A informal chance to teachers to connect, network, and learn from each other. Held each year in the fall.
- Teacher Led PD- Teachers design and lead courses for other teachers.
The 5DP collaborates to create a series shared benchmark assessments for grades 2-8 math and ELA. These are given three times a year.